Homestay in Kalimpong : Experience Homely Environment in Nature’s Surroundings
Homestay in Kalimpong is located at an height of 1,250 metres above the cofluence of the Teesta and the Rangeet. It is a small but busy trading town offering amazing views of the Kanchenjunga Ranges as well as the sceneries. Kalimpong enjoys a temperate climate with 5 distinct seasons. You can visit Kalimpong throughout the year. The main peak tourist seasons include April to May and October to November. A visit to Kalimpong is a sublime experience as the old little town, perched away in the far northeast, is a paradise for nature lovers and should be high on your bucket list if you love the hills. There are many beautiful sightseeing places in Kalimpong as a result that have attracted tourists from all over the world. You should not forget to try out the local lollipop made in Kalimpong itself as they are a mouthwatering delight.
Why should you visit Homestay in Kalimpong ?
- • Tourists can roam around the town or go trekking. There are many amazing places to witness such as home of the great Bengali poet Ravindra Nath Tagore, Mangal Dham a temple and Deolo Hills.
- • You can also go for a bike ride as the traffic is not intense and it’s really enjoyable to view the beautiful scenery. The kindhearted people living in the outskirts will be of good help if you have lost your way.
- • Homestays in Kalimpong is the best place for Chinese food. The China Garden Restaurant, located near the bus stop serves authentic Chinese dishes that are delicious. The restaurant is famous for Mei Foon and Chicken Drumsticks. During the tourist season these items are in high demand.
- • Kalimpong has a distinct beauty of its own. If you are an adventure junkie then you can choose from a wide variety of adventure sports. The adventure sports include mountain biking, trekking, paragliding and mountain climbing.
- • The view of the landscape from the sightseeing places such as Lava and Loleygaon is simply amazing. On a clear sky one can even see some valleys belonging to China.
Places to visit near Homestay in Kalimpong
Deolo Hills :
It is the highest point of the town of Kalimpong. You can witness amazing scenery from here. If the skies are clear then the snow covered peaks of west Sikkim can be seen from this point. There a beautiful park at the top of the hill built mainly for recreational purposes.
The Center for Nature Interpretation: it is basically a museum run by the department of forestry. The museum contains pictures and paintings of plants and animals explaining the nature and environment of Kalimpong area. The museum is close to the town.
Army Golf Course :
The golf course was built and founded by the army authorities. The golf course can be seen from the roadside Watershed View Point hence On a sunny day you can get splendid views of the mountains as well as the village of Loleygaon.
Morgan House :
It is a typical colonial architecture building with sprawling garden and views of Kanchenjunga. The place has been converted into a hotel and now run by West Bengal Tourism Department. the place is spooky hence there are rumors that the place is haunted. It is one of the most beautiful sightseeing places in Kalimpong.
Durpin Monastery :
Zang Dog Palri monastery was constructed in the year 1972. It contains some rare Buddhist scripts that were brought here by Dalai Lama from Tibet. You can witness amazing views of Kalimpong town from the upper terrace of the monastery with Kanchenjunga in the background. As a result, one can also see On a clear and sunny day the valley and the plains, Teesta & Reang Rivers flowing down, and lovely tea estates of Peshoke area.
Jelepla View Point :
The Jeepla pass was a regular trade route with Tibet during the olden times. You can witness the confluence of river Teesta, Reang and Relli from this viewpoint. The Indian army maintains the viewpoint.
Pratima Tagore House :
The house was built by Pratima Tagore in 1943. The house is decorated with a nice garden and the view of the landscape from this place is amazing. Pratima Tagore was the daughter-in-law of the poet Rabindranath Tagore. The house contains all the original furnishing, lot of memorabilia and poet's verses.
Pine View Nursery :
The nursery contains a collection of cactus and ornamental plants. The scenery from the backside of the lawn is simply breathtaking.
How to reach Homestays in Kalimpong ?
First of all the closest railway station is NJP and secondly You can hire a cab from here that will take you to Kalimpong. Cabs are also available in Siliguri town which will be able to guide you to your destination with comfort and ease. You have to take the NH10 highway road which is the best route to reach Kalimpong. Distance from Siliguri to Kalimpong is 68kms (approx).
The closest railway station is NJP. From there you can hire a taxi that will take you to Kalimpong.Distance from NJP to Kalimpong is 72kms (approx).
The closest airport is Bagdogra. From Bagdogra cabs are available for Kalimpong. The distance from Bagdogra to Kalimpong is 76kms (approx).
Best time to visit Homestay in Kalimpong
Kalimpong has a temperate climate and can be visited any time of the year. The peak tourist monts are April, May, October and November. The tourists will be able to witness a great view of the mountain . As a result, the scenery of the valleys and the hills from all the sightseeing points are simply breathtaking.